T MINUS 83 DAYS IN TAMPA FOR MONUMENT/FLAGPOLE DEDICATION: SUPERBOWL NOT PROTESTING!!!
With 83 days left until dedication day (April 25), its time to make sure this wonderful project has your full support!!!
The site www.tampaflag.info has been updated with the following:
A new and improved new slide show (thanks to Wes and Don),
A list of speakers, musicians, and special guests (Lee’s Lieutenants including Cmdr. In Chief for the on-site re-enactors, Gen. Jubal A. Early (portrayed by Mike MeHaffey), and of course, Gen. Lee himself, portrayed by Al Stone, will be in attendance)
Remaining bronze plaques that are available.
Information for re-enactor registration and participation
Recent news reports surrounding the ‘super bowl’ (of course, lots of whining from our arch enemy Daniel Ruth)
Please mark your calendar now and make plans to attend and/or volunteer (SCV and UDC will have pre-assigned recruiting locations).
EYES AROUND THE WORLD ARE UPON US TO FINISH THIS PROJECT, IN THIS THE FINAL DAYS BUT THERE ARE EXPENDITURES LEFT TO BE MADE!!!
Funds are needed for the dedication day and to complete the monument. YOU can help in several ways:
– make plans to attend through the ‘preferred guest’ program, that assures you a seat under the Bart H. Siegel Memorial Events Tent on dedication day,
– Free will ‘love gifts’ – can be made through paypal or credit card at www.tampaflag.info/contribute.htm,
– SCV Camp challenge to all Camps to bring in at least $500 to support the project
– inscribe your name or your ancestor’s name inscribed on the monument
– Sponsor a memorial bronze plaque that tells the story of an event or personality of valor in Confederate history List of available plaques: www.tampaflag.info/memorial%20marker.htm”
Please ponder on this, and please forward this to ALL INTERESTED PARTIES
This is a day that our opponents have circled in RED on their calendar and WILL REJOICE if we fail.
You have the power to prevent that from occurring!!!
Join the Florida Division of the SCV, the Early Camp and the fighters for the SCV “Charge” in making this beautiful, memorial monument to the Confederate soldier a reality!
Mrs. Bart H. Siegel (Lunelle)